LIFE LATELY: EASTER WEEKEND

Monday, April 21, 2014


Easter time is always a bit craaazy over here. :) Each year, there is a sunrise service at 5 AM, a baptism service at noon, and an extravagant Easter dinner in the evening where all church members are welcome to celebrate and break bread together. This day was a bit more special than usual because one of my small group members got baptized and I was part of the planning team for this year's dinner!

The missions team is responsible for the planning and cooking — which is a lot of work because the event hosts 600+ people. On Saturday from noon to midnight, we cooked food, set up the gymnasium and decorations, and prayed over the next day. It was one crazy weekend with little sleep and nonstop madness. I went to bed Sunday night exhausted with aching feet and sore arms, but with a big grin on my face because it really was such fun to bond with my team members and an honor to serve the church in this capacity! 

- These devotionals carried me through the week: #shereadstruth
- My pastor did a great series on Ephesians regarding Easter: sermon series
- How I spent Easter last year: in greece

The weekend in photos:

1 comment :

  1. You are blessed with a very beautiful family, happy (late) Easter!

    Danica

    http://lovedanica.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground