HOW TO PACK LIGHT FOR A WEEKEND

Friday, June 5, 2015

Coffee & Honeycomb | clothes inspiration style
Coffee & Honeycomb Inspiration Style Resource


1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11 / 12 / 13
Feel free to click the links above to shop - majority of items are<$50!

Recently I've become a (self-proclaimed) pro on how to pack for weekend trips. After living abroad for four months out of a carry-on bag, I had to learn a trick or two on how to make packing less of a chore.

If you're doing it right, all you need is a carry-on bag (and a small purse) to fit your things. With these tricks of mine, you should be set and stylish for the entirety of your trip!

STICK TO A SINGLE COLOR SCHEME
Pick pieces that are within the same color scheme so you can easily mix-and-match. Save yourself any future headaches or wardrobe malfunctions by keeping it simple. You don't want to waste time figuring out which top goes with which bottom or if the shoes matches the purse. Bring clothes that have been tested as favorites so you can feel confident, comfortable, and effortless.

LET YOUR ACCESSORIES DO THE TALKING
Since I tend to keep my clothes pretty basic, I like to incorporate bold accessories to create some sort of statement. In the above mix, I tried to offset a lot of the black going on by throwing in a floral kimono for layering, a bright, blue bag for a pop of color, and unique shoes to add playfulness.

PACK DRYER SHEETS
I never pack a bag without at least one sheet for two reasons. The first reason is the obvious one, it makes your clothes smell nice after being stuffed in a bag. The second is more of a secret pro tip, if any of your clothes get wrinkled, you can lightly spray water onto your clothes and rub the fabric softener sheet to loosen out any small wrinkles. Works like a charm!

WEAR YOUR ACCESSORIES ON THE PLANE
Save space in your bag by wearing your heaviest clothing items (bulkier shoes, cardigan, etc.) and wear your accessories. Security now allows jewelry too so you don't have to worry about taking those off. I always try to wear a cardigan or scarf on a plane to save space in my bag. I also tend to fall asleep on planes (with mouth wide open) and like to put sunglasses on to save myself a bit of dignity. 

SAVE YOUR TRAVEL-SIZE TOILETRIES 
Most hotels partner with a beauty brand (C.O. Bigelow is a common one) and offer their own travel-size toiletries. Whether I use it on the trip or not, I like to take them home with me so I can pack it for my next trip! It saves me the fuss of looking for 3.2 oz containers or last-minute shopping. (Pro tip: My friend recently told me she saves her Bath & Body hand sanitizer containers to re-fill shampoo/conditioner for future trips. It's the perfect size with a large enough opening to pour in liquid.)

USE A POUCH - OR TWO
Staying organized is always a battle when all of your belongings is in a bag. Separating your items into pouches or smaller bags will save you so much time later on when you're searching for specific items. Pouches also tend to add more space in your bag because you can stack them. I always include advil, gum, contact case with solution, glasses, makeup, and electronic chargers in case I get uncomfortable on the plane.

Follow my tips above and watch as your packing experience becomes a little bit easier. :) Do you have any other travel tips? Join the conversation by sharing your thoughts in the comments below! XOXO.


Coffee & Honeycomb Style and Inspiration Blog


No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground