LAKESIDE

Sunday, September 14, 2014


Minnesotans love their lakes. I guess they are called the land of 10,000 lakes for a reason. ;) Rain or shine, people always seem to be flocking lakeside. If they can't be IN the water, you bet they're still biking/rollerblading/sitting to at least enjoy the waves from a distance.

Growing up in the midwest burbs, I was never much of a water person. I never lived near a body of water and the changing seasons didn't exactly cultivate that kind of culture. (Not to mention my swimming skills were limited to doggy-paddling until my freshman year of college. Yikes.) But fortunately for me, it looks like things are changing! And you know what they say, when in Rome... I now live VERY close (5-minute walking distance) to a lake and can't help but to be so attracted to it every time I pass by it. There's a 3-mile bike/walk path surrounding the water and I've gone around it a couple of times so far and it was so much fun — not to mention beautiful. I definitely understand they hype now. Count me in!  

1 down, 9,999 to go...! Cheers to new adventures and cultures!


 

 


4 comments :

  1. I can see why they love 'em! These photos are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I agree. I've definitely been missing out. And the water literally sparkles. How can I cannot NOT take a picture. ;)

      Delete
  2. i would love them if i lived there too!! so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so beautiful. My family (plus our dogs) are visiting me this weekend, and I am definitely taking them to the lake to show them!

      Delete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground

Coffee and Honeycomb has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address.

If that does not occur, please visit http://coffeeandhoneycomb.com'.