WHAT'S IN THE SHOP

Friday, April 11, 2014

I launched Coffee & Honeycomb Design Shop yesterday and have already made three sales!!! I know that's not a large number to most people, but to me, it meant the world. :) I'm thankful for the positive feedback and encouragement I've received so far! 

A lot of this (this meaning small business, etsy, designing) is still new to me, so I'm figuring things out as I go along... Like where to find inexpensive shipping materials. How to present your products in a presentable way. Including branding items to make the process more unique and personal. Pricing. Just, everything. I'm realizing that more people who want greeting cards and wall art don't want the digital file because it requires more labor for them (printing, cutting). People have been asking for physical items; so I'm trying to adjust to this demand! A few of my listings have switched from digital to physical, and I plan to slowly move everything over to physical soon. 

It's a lot of guess and check. Elise Blaha's old posts on "running a small business" have been tremendously helpful. I've been digging through her old archives to find insights and inspiration, and she has a lot of information from where she orders materials to the branding process. What about you? Are you small business or ersy owner? Any tips you've learned along the way? 

If you hadn't had a chance to check out the etsy shop yet, here are some things you'll find. (: come stop by! 


 

Don't forget to like us on FACEBOOK & spread the word to all of your friends. :) Thanks!



3 comments :

  1. These are so great!! I love that first one! I may be buying that soon for my apartment. :)

    Go you for opening up your own shop!! That's really awesome! You'll get the hang of it soon, I'm sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julia, for your encouragement! :) Yeah, definitely so many things to think about I had never thought about before, but it's also a fun journey.

      And I'm so, so, so happy to hear you may be picking one up for your home! :) This made my day.

      Delete
  2. These are so incredibly beautiful! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground