MY LAST FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

 


GOALS:
- Go to all my classes.
- Cook more meals.
- Assist a professor with their research.
- Do yoga in the morning. 
- Drink more water and less coffee.
- Unplug. 
- Throw out ten things ( a month ). 
- Bring life to Campus Cursive.
- Do a project... And actually finish it.
- Eat clean.
- Serve my roommates.
- Pray for my small group.

This my LAST semester as an undergraduate student—and that fact both excites me and terrifies me. 

It's exciting because it's a limited space to try new, spontaneous, and irresponsible things before I enter real world. On the other hand, it's terrifying because it's an empty space that feels like it must be filled with only important, impressive, and monumental things. And when I get too terrified of not being impressive enough or spontaneous enough, I turn to a completely different outlook, apathy. I can also say that since it's my last semester, nothing really matters. I can sleep in, skip class, and just coast. 

So before I hurt myself trying to wrap my brain around what that semester means, I want to fully and wholly and daily surrender this semester before God, with both the big and the small things. If I surrender this semester to God, I gain hope and go from, "I don't know if I can do this," to "God, I'm so excited to see how you are going to do this," because I know "nothing is impossible with God" (Luke 1:37).

Amen? Lez do this ish.

2 comments :

  1. It was always crazy to me when I broke down the cost of tuition and how much I was paying per class. A CRAZY amount... definitely motivated me to not waste all that money and go to class. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am using a pilot g-2 pen myself right now (my absolute FAVORITE pen!)
    i'm so excited for you & your last semester of college - soak it up, make a difference, and remember each day. you're going to have a great end of college experience with the heart you have!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground

Coffee and Honeycomb has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address.

If that does not occur, please visit http://coffeeandhoneycomb.com'.