Sweet Treats in Spain

Thursday, March 28, 2013

IMG_5343I love my American chained goodness, I do. But I adore how European cafes and restaurants all possess strong, unique branding. Or in Korean, "con-cept." Little quirks - wallpaper, color combinations, type, presentation - when integrated to create one theme, have the ability to transport you to a new world.

My friend is currently studying abroad in Barcelona and was able to free up some of her time to show us around her city. (: Knowing my weakness for cute cafes and desserts, she led my roommate and I to a magical little dessertery called Pudding.IMG_5344

The entrance to a walk-in storybook. (:

IMG_5366 IMG_5349I wasn't joking when I called this place magical. The strung lights on red/white really made the entire room glow and charming wall decor added to the surrealism. Artificial trees completed the storybook theme - I was just waiting for a trail of gumdrops to fall from the sky and singing blue birds to start sewing my clothes.
IMG_5350IMG_5352
We decided to sit in the sun room so we could have more natural light and also people-watch through the window. Exhibit A:IMG_5361
IMG_5359
PS. Do you see how much CAKE those people left on their table?! Unfortunately, the people escaped before we made our entrance so I didn't get to see exactly what kind of people in their right mind would deliberately leave behind perfectly good cake. Lucky them, because some dirty, dirty looks would have been sent straight their way. Whoever can't finish their slice of cake is weird in my book, AND SHOULD NOT BE TRUSTED! Maybe even more so than people who don't like dessert at all, because these people know better...  (We were THIS close to scooting over and rescuing the left over pieces. Spoiler alert: We didn't. Yeah, that was kind of a low point.)

IMG_5365White chocolate mousse pie.
IMG_5364Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting.

How did the cakes taste? Oh, even better than they LOOK. Each bite proceeded with a loud, dramatic "MMM," because it is impossible to enjoy your dessert without an expressive, "MMM." Ya just can't. Cake was not meant to be consumed in silence.
IMG_5367And the three of us together before we curtsied to the dog posters and said farewell.

Thanks so much for showing us around, Kristen! You were a lovely host. (: Check out Kristen's blog here to follow her Spanish adventures. Her photos on food and landscape are reason enough to check it out. And the hot dog on the left? My roommate! You can read hers here, where you will find ample posts on humorous vignettes, honest rants, and even more odd, disoriented photos... I know she's kind of socially retarded and weird, but she's my friend. So, just promise me you wont make fun of her! ("Mean Girls," anyone?)

Enjoy! XO.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground