Weekend Recap

Monday, November 12, 2012

Happy Monday, folks! Hopefully you're lying on the couch with a cup of coffee in one hand, the remote in the other. Unfortunately for me, I'm sitting in a two-hour lecture and decided to take the opportunity to BLOOGGGG. (thumbs up)

Here are my weekend highlights:

- Dinner date with the roommates for Korean food
- My brother visiting campus + cheering him on at a bball tourney
- Watching Grey's with the bf and the brother
- Cooking and napping with the small group
- CFC Thanksgiving Dinner

Each year, my church hosts an early Thanksgiving dinner so members have a time to celebrate together before heading back to respective homes for fall break. Thanksgiving dinner is always one of my favorite church events. Everyone gathers really early (like 7am early. i know.) to cook the turkey and watch movies. Then once it hits about 4pm, all the girls frantically rush back to their homes unsure of what they're going to wear or how they'll do their hair. And it's usually worth it because all the girls always look STUNNING. It's a fun series of events: testimonies, special praise, food, food, food, and pictures. A lot of pictures. We turn in prima donna's snapping the flash for hours on end.

During praise, my pastor mentioned something which I found really profound:
If you look for something to complain about, you'll find it. But Jesus says to be thankful in all circumstances, it's a command. (Reference to 1 Thessalonians 5:18) If you look for something to be thankful for, you'll find them.

This small comment really hit home for me, and I quickly jot it down before my unreliable brain got too distracted with the mashed potatoes to treasure it. But it's true. An attitude of thankfulness isn't just a positive mindset, it's a command from the Lord; because there is ALWAYS something to be thankful for.

WIth that said, here are some things I was thankful for that night. (:

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA]

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground